PoW Camp 793 Bulwell Hall
Shortly after the outbreak of World War II the Hall was taken over by the Army. First by the South Nottinghamshire Hussars Field Artillery, followed by the local Regiment of the Sherwood Foresters. About 1943-44 it became an Italian POW camp. Much damage was done during this time and it was further damaged by mining subsidence. It was demolished in 1958.
Today there appears to be no surviving structure from the Camp with the park now being open to the public complete with a Golf Club House being built on the site of the hall
Copyright: ©2021 Martin J Richards. MA. BA(Hons). ARPS